Vacancies at Althams
Customer Support Team Leader
Reporting into the Operations Manager, you will manage the Customer Support Department so that excellent customer service is provided and every opportunity is taken to improve relationships and to increase sales to target customers. You will be a proactive and constructive member of the Althams Team and proactively support the maintenance and development of the company’s reputation as an excellent butcher and a great place to work.
Management of the Department
- All members of the team know and understand the departmental objectives and the contribution they can make to the achievement of those objectives.
- Performance targets are in place for each member of the team.
- The Team Leader carries out routine tasks whenever there is time, eg researching menus, to help the other team members and maximise efficiency.
- The Team Leader proactively involves the team in trying to improve the performance of the department.
- The activities of the team are carefully planned, implementation is carefully managed and effectiveness of those activities carefully reviewed.
- The Team Leader liaises proactively with the Financial Controller on the financial implications of proposed actions and financial imperatives for the business.
- New account applications are carefully reviewed and released where appropriate.
- The Team leader proactively generates ideas to improve customer service and to increase sales.
- Incoming telephone calls are responded to quickly and efficiently by all members of the team.
- Order details are accurately recorded, issues resolved and queries answered to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Customer complaints are received and responded to politely and constructively and details passed to the appropriate people within the company.
- All members of the Department communicate proactively with customers and with the Sales Managers responsible and make every effort to build relationships with the key people concerned.
- All incoming on-line orders and faxes are dealt with quickly, accurately and efficiently and within the pre-agreed timescales.
- The Customer Support Team Leader drives, focuses and organises sales development activities such as the promotion of specials.
- All members of the team proactively upsell to existing customers.
- Knowledge and understanding of existing customers is systematically and progressively built and used to develop additional sales and build relationships.
- Sales information is produced, in an accurate and timely fashion, as requested by the Operations Director.
- Sales performance is regularly reviewed and opportunities identified to increase sales, eg by researching menus (what customers are buying/not buying) and by seeking out new customers on existing delivery routes, either directly or by prompting the Sales Managers.
- The Team Leader liaises with purchasing with regard to specials.
- Price lists, including for specials, are prepared quickly but accurately and within the pre-agreed timescales.
- Appointments are made for the Sales Managers, as requested.
- Customer specifications are prepared and customer databases maintained, accurately and efficiently.
- New accounts are opened and submitted for approval within the pre-agreed timescales.
- All databases for which the Customer Support Team is responsible are accurate and up-to-date at all times.
- Price reviews are prompted at the pre-agreed time.
- New products are set up on the system, accurately and efficiently and within the pre-agreed timescale.
- All incoming emails are responded to in a polite, accurate and timely fashion.
People and Performance Management
- All roles within the department are defined in detail, documented and performance standards agreed with the job holder.
- Day to day personnel issues are dealt with quickly and professionally, with the involvement of HR.
The key ingredients
This role would ideally suit someone who has worked as a Team Leader, Supervisor or Manager within a Customer Service role. You must be highly organised, good knowledge of current customer service practices, demonstrate leadership capability and have excellent communication skills.
Assistant Factory Manager
We are seeking a talented Assistant Factory Manager to act as no 2 to the Factory Manager and support in managing all aspects of the factory so that the dual objectives of excellent customer service and a high level of efficiency and cost effectiveness are simultaneously achieved. The Assistant Factory Manager will be a proactive and constructive member of the Factory Management team and will support the maintenance and development of the company’s reputation as an excellent butcher and a great place to work.
• To proactively communicate the company’s vision, strategy and values and to ensure that all employees within the factory understand how their individual efforts contribute to the achievement of overall company objectives.
• To ensure that resources are managed so that the planned customer service levels are consistently achieved.
• To set housekeeping and health and safety standards for the factory and ensure they are met.
• To monitor and manages all aspects of performance within the factory, including food safety, raw material yields, the quality of the product, the quantities produced and the performance and behaviour of staff.
• All categories of stock, including WIP, are proactively managed so that the minimum level of stock is carried which is commensurate with the achievement of the pre-agreed levels of customer service.
• To proactively manage the management structure, staff, skills and systems within the factory in order to maximise operational performance.
• To seek continuous improvement in the operations of the factory, ensuring that best practice is understood and implemented.
• To ensure that quality control is managed through the departmental teams.
• To ensure that all legal and audit requirements, including health & safety, are met.
The key ingredients
This is a key leadership role within the factory management team. To be successful in this role you will need to have previous experience of a similar role within a food manufacturing environment (ideally meat or poultry), demonstrate strong people management skills with the ability to motivate and engage teams, knowledge of HACCAP and health and safety regulations, possess financial and commercial awareness, the ability to influence at all levels within a Company and be comfortable with driving results in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Order Picker/Dispatch Operative (Skilled)
To ensure the correct procedures of manual handling and packing of meat at all times.
• To inform the Packing Room Team leader of any products which are not in stock so the necessary actions can be taken.
• To ensure that the correct quality and standard of meat as specified on the customer order is adhered to at all times.
• To ensure all meat is labelled correctly and placed with care and consideration to other products which are placed into trays/boxes/bags etc.
• To take care when strapping and labelling boxes and make sure all boxes are placed with the customer case sticker pointing to the outside of the pallet when stored.
• To ensure there is no deterioration of products and prepared stock.
• At the close of business ensuring all stock and products are stored correctly, according to date, in the appropriate fridge or freezer.
• To ensure that all vans are loaded efficiently and accurately and promptly according to the start time of each individual Driver.
• At the end of each shift place all dirty protective clothing into the dedicated bins and all aprons and wellies are clean and stored in the correct area.
• At all times to be suitably dressed and wear all the protective clothing and equipment correctly as supplied by the Company, and to be responsible for these items.
• Ensuring cleanliness of the packing area and abide by all Health and Hygiene and Health and Safety procedures as laid out by the Company at all times.
• If and when necessary work across other departments when required.
The key ingredients
We have a great team environment at Althams Butchers, we recruit individuals who are passionate about our products and care that customers receive excellent service. To be successful in this role you will need a good understanding of health and hygiene regulations, be able to organise tasks and work efficiently and communicate well within a team.
This role would suit someone who has operated as a Packer/Order Despatch within a fast paced environment. Fork lift truck licence would beneficial but not essential. In return we offer a competitive rate of pay.
The hours will be 7pm until 5.30am (38 hours per week) over 4 nights worked between Monday to Friday. Sunday night hours will be 6pm until 4.30 am which is worked on a three week rotational shift pattern.
We are currently going to be recruiting for a number of apprentice roles across the factory to support with growing our team internally. The Apprentice opportunities will be in Food Manufacturing (factory operations) and Butchery. Your development will be fully supported through our training Academy by being on a recognised training course for the area of work your in. Opportunities within the factory will be available on our day shift 7am until 4pm (40 hours per week) and nights (for over 18's only). If you interested in finding out more details, please contact Human Resources at our head office or submit your CV below.
Only those applicants who have a legal right to work within the UK.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title.
Food Operative - High Care (Altham Fine Foods)
Althams Fine Foods specialise in providing high quality ready meals for supermarkets and foodservice. We operate a state of the art factory in Morecambe, Lancashire. This is fantastic opportunity to develop your career and experience the excitement of a high growth company.
We are looking for a Operative within our high care department.
Reporting into the Team Leader, you will produce excellent quality ready meals to meet customer requirements.
- To prepare ready made meals to customer specifications
- Prioritise tasks in order to meet customer deadlines
- Handling of food products therefore the necessary food hygiene standards must be adhered to at all time
- To wear the necessary PPE
- Ensure equipment is kept clean and tidy
- To be an active team player, willing to support others when required to assist with customer deadlines being met
The key ingredients
This role would ideally suit someone who has worked within food manufacturing (ideally meat production), and can work effectively in a team and wishes to join an expanding company. This role is 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday on a shift pattern.
Dispatch Operative (Altham Fine Foods)
Althams Fine Foods specialise in providing high quality ready meals for supermarkets and foodservice. We operate a state of the art factory in Morecambe, Lancashire. This is fantastic opportunity to develop your career in the excitement of a high growth award winning food production company.
We are seeking a Packer/Order Despatch Operative for our plant in Morecambe.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To ensure the correct procedures of manual handling and packing of products at all times.
- To inform the Team Leader of any issues regarding stock
- To ensure that the correct quality and standard of products
- To ensure products are labelled correctly and placed with care and consideration
- To ensure there is no deterioration of products and prepared stock
- Ensure stock and products are stored correctly
- To ensure that all despatch vehicles are loaded efficiently and accurately
- At all times to be suitably dressed and wear all the protective clothing and equipment correctly as supplied by the Company, and to be responsible for these items.
- Ensuring cleanliness of the despatch area and abide by all Health and Hygiene and Health and Safety procedures as laid out by the Company at all times.
- If and when necessary work across other departments when required.
We have a great team environment at Althams Fine Foods, we recruit individuals who are passionate about our products and care that customers receive excellent service. To be successful in this role you will need a good understanding of health and hygiene regulations, be able to organise tasks and work efficiently and communicate well within a team.
This role would ideally suit someone who has operated as a Packer/Order Despatch within a fast paced environment (but not essential) as training will be given.
Fork lift truck licence would beneficial but not essential.
The hours will be 8am until 8pm worked over 4 shifts per week on a rota.
Protecting your data
Please note that any personal details submitted for roles are retained by the company for a period of 12 months unless you have been offered a position and employed in which case they will be retained indefinitely (this includes applicants via recruitment agencies). Personal details will not be passed onto a 3rd party.